Reinvigorate the Herbal Essences product line.
We discovered that Herbal Essences is not currently targeting the people who are actually buying their products.
OUR NEW TARGET
Meet our "Fearlessly Unique" girl:
- Focused on making current trends her own
- Inspired by art, books, time periods
- Buying a variety of unique products at a lower price
She is not:
- Focused on adopting current trends
- Inspired by pop culture and fashion designers
- Buying a couple of select high-end products
She is always switching it up with new products and styles on a daily basis
She is playful, but not girly and quirky, but not edgy
She embraces not only who she is, but whoever she might want to be.
She looks for experimentation, customization, and thoughtfulness in the products she buys
FOR THE EVER-EVOLVING YOU
Herbal Essences enables every young woman to express her inner self — whoever that self may be from day to day.
TAGLINE: Create Yourself
THE NEW DESIGN:
- Stackable, interlocking bottles save space in the shower
- Slightly smaller 8 oz size allows for mix and matching different scents to create whatever essence our girl is feeling that day
- Smaller bottles also mean they can customize their ratio of shampoo to conditioner, since some women use more of one than the other
- Renaming Body Envy to Body & Soul reflects our new messaging
In addition to redesigning the already-existing scents, we'll also release playful new scents to create even more options for the ever-evolving girl.
Wild & Freesia combines honey, freesia and black tea for a healthier scalp.
Our experience designer Margaret actually made this scent for our presentation. You can learn more about her process here.
Not only did we revamp the bottles — we revamped the scents themselves to give each of them a unique, distinct "essence." Each scent has its own voice, personality, and female artist representatives.
These essences are reflected in the whimsical illustrations on each label.
Every bottle label also features writing from emerging female artists, from song lyrics to poems to short stories, so young women can be creatively inspired by amazing role models while in the shower.
Writers are chosen for each scent based on the scent's essence, and Herbal Essences can rotate in new writers from time to time to mix it up further.
To help push out the new rebrand, the ever-evolving girl can also order her own customized packs of shampoo and conditioner from the Herbal Essences website.
Herbal Essences will further celebrate emerging female writers by using purchased ad space to feature their work in a magazine like Teen Vogue, transforming an entire issue into a literary magazine.
Finally, on social media Herbal Essences would expand beyond #BadPickUpLinesPertainingToHair and #ShampooIsFunny...
...to feature inspiring female artists and their advice to young women.